GNUstep Startup breaks my installation

From: A Wiebe(Work)
Subject: GNUstep Startup breaks my installation
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:38:16 -0700

When I run gnustep startup in an attempt to update my gnustep version, my main
menu for WindowMaker breaks.  Initially I installed my GNUstep package using
apt-get– but those packages seem a bit out of date(byt about 0.4 versions,
however when I run gnustep-startup it seems openapp and the menu just break,
however telling the debian package to reinstall itself fixes the issue.

Does anyone know how I can install the latest gnustep on debian and not have it
break, or should I install another distro for the time being( its in a virtual
box, so I can drop in the most stable linux distro compatible w/ GNUStep.