Re: Problem with Gorm 1.2.18 opening Addresses

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Problem with Gorm 1.2.18 opening Addresses
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:46:38 +0200

Hi,

On 07/09/12 17:02, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
Hi,

opening the AddressManager.gorm file of Addresses 0.4.7 shows me hundreds of
the follwing exceptions on the console:

2012-07-09 16:56:05.215 Gorm[29891] Problem posting notification: <NSException:
0x7cbd8664> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:GSTitleView(instance) does not
recognize hasVerticalScroller INFO:(null)
I get tons of those too, when opening the file!

which finally, ends up in a segfault of Gorm. I use Gorm 1.2.18, with latest
GNUstep relases on OpenBSD.
It opens me a couple of empty windows, just some white contents, when doing so.
For me on NetBSD (where otherwise Gorm ha similar problems than yours) I don't get a crash. But the controller has no proper icon and I can't get connection, as with all other gorm files.

When I set a breakpoint on -[NSException raise] it looks like the backtrace
below.
I can successfully open other .gorm files, for example from MPDCon or Grr for
example, or .nib files from Graphos.
Haven't found anything else yet that does drive Gorm that crazy like the ones
from Addresses.

Anyone has an idea about that?
I notice that this file is full of "views" and "fields" as objects. Perhaps this is confusing Gorm somehow?

Riccardo