Re: Chameleon - UIKit for Mac development

From: Nicholas Levin
Subject: Re: Chameleon - UIKit for Mac development
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:16:34 -0400

I am not a GNUstep expert, nor am I a lawyer… : )

Chameleon has a strong dependency on Core Animation and Core Text. GNUstep
doesn't support either, yet. Ivan's promising work should provide a good, uh,
foundation for the CA bits and pieces.

To the author's credit, I appreciate that they took the time to write a few
mega-comments regarding the finer details of how UIKit behaves. I took a look
at the implementation file for UIView. Never knew UIKit does that much sorcery
behind the scenes.

Best,
Nicholas Levin