Re: [ERROR] Unable to get socket name. Why?

From: Ma Xiaoming
Subject: Re: [ERROR] Unable to get socket name. Why?
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 10:44:45 +0800

Hello Jamie,

I don't have an iMac or a MacBook, so I can only study Objective-C with
GNUstep on Windows. I downloaded a "Base Programming Manual" pdf file to
study the fundamental of GNUstep. You could find it at
http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html. The first PDF for
downloading at General Manuals section.

In the 7 chapter of this book, it describes a Client/Server structure. I was
very exciting about it, because it is seems like a great structure for
Internet game programming. But unfortunately, even I could compile the
Server code, but I cannot run it on my machine. When I try to run it, the
command line told me that unable to get socket name. I was so frustrated
about it, because until now, I cannot figure out what's going on.

Do you have any good idea on it? Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Xiaoming

"Jamie Ramone" <sancombru@gmail.com>
??????:CA+hS6qjX8LtKf75HfMY7fExpWw3UN4gvEo2WGnNyJTua0ZJvfw@mail.gmail.com...