Re: ANN: Graphos 0.3

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ANN: Graphos 0.3
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 08:14:57 +0200

Hi,

William F. Adams wrote:

I desperately hope that you've looked at Altsys Virtuoso / Macromedia
Freehand -- I'm dreading having to replace my iMac running 10.6 at
work --- w/o Rosetta, 10.7 won't be able to run Freehand MX.
I think you are aim a bit high. There aren't many people working on it :) But I have used Freehand even in Aldus times, so of course I can get inspired from it. It is work in progress... and open for patches.

And complain at Apple for dropping Rosetta. Or complain for their continuously uselessly changing operating systems. I still run PPC, so my binaries won't run without Rosetta. But of course, recompiling the sources is easy. Why do you need to replace your Mac at all? WHy do you need 10.7? It is all your choice.

That is why open source it is important: the freedom! You decide where to compile, which platforms to support... The Macintosh port of Graphos is my work.
Of course it is also the drawback: people must work on it. No free lunch.

Riccardo