Re: Gnustep Application: GSBurn

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Gnustep Application: GSBurn
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:51:05 +0200

On Monday, April 16, 2012 14:20 CEST, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how GSBurn is going on... I am confused also between the
> relationship of Burn and CDPlayer. CDplayer was released last in 2011,
> Burn in 2005
> I remember Sebastian writing about them. CDPlayer relies on features
> that some cd drives do not support anymore.
> Burn however, qhich looksquite interesting to me, is based on cdrtools,
> which I rememebr to use on linux and solaris, but I also remember that
> for a certain time they were broken and there was discussion about how
> things "broke" with linux. I don't know what the current state of the
> art is.
>
> I wonder if it makes sense to revive the application? Is the author
> still around and active?
>
> Just your friendly GS Application reminder :)

Last time I talked with Andreas, short before FOSDEM, he said, GSBurn is more
or less ready for a release. I wanted to test it on OpenBSD before, but also
just
did not yet had time to do so, cause of needed testing of other Apps.

GSBurn should work with cdrtools 3.x, which I updated already in the OpenBSD
ports
tree.

Its still on my TODO list, but since its not (yet) in the OpenBSD ports tree,
its a little
bit lower priority.

cheers,
Sebastian