Re: casting ints to pointers

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: casting ints to pointers
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:15:09 +0100

On 28 Mar 2012, at 09:23, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> Then the warnings will be gone, and it all still seems to work. But I'm unsure
> whether this generally a good or silly idea.

Technically, it's a bad idea, but in practice it's fine.  It will break on all
platforms where int is bigger than void*, which to the best of my knowledge is
this list:

-

You need to be a bit more careful going the other way, because void* is quite
often bigger than int.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II