Re: Applications on GNUstep

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Applications on GNUstep
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:24:48 +0100

Hi James,

> Any discussion of applications in the GNUstep environment is heresy.  GNUstep
> is a framework, you are not supposed to actually ever build applications that
> use that framework.  The whole point is just to build an esoteric forever
> changing framework constantly chasing Apples implementation but always a few
> steps behind.

Not sure what you are trying to say here. But we have a bunch of apps built on
top of this 'esoterioc' framework that are successfully being used for more
than ten years now. And I dare to say that there is nothing on the market that
comes even close to those apps. If there wasn't Cocoa/OPENSTEP/GNUstep I would
immediately stop working as a software engineer and instead become a musician
or whoknowswhat. Fortunately there is! :-)

Regards,

 Andreas