Re: Linking problems with gcc 4.6.1 and GNUstep trunk

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Linking problems with gcc 4.6.1 and GNUstep trunk
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:28:55 +0100

Le 21/02/2012 00:38, Sebastian Reitenbach a écrit :
Hi,

[snip]

With gcc-4.2.1, I first ran into a problem, that it did not found the header,
so I guess, you already have a version of Addresses installed in the system
already. After fixing that, gcc then complained, that it is unable to find
-lAddresses. So also here I think, it picked up the libAddresses.so which is
installed in your system. Something between this version, and the version of
the code your are compiling seems to be different.

Sorry but I just wiped out my GNUstep installation and started from scratch. And adserver is just an example, I have the same problem with others programs.

In SimpleAgenda I check if Addresses and DBusKit are present in the configure script with the attached script. It used to work but now linking fails for the two frameworks.

However, I think I fixed all GNUmakefiles for all Goodies.
Those Goodies are "old" and definitely need a review. So if you find problems
with those, or even better have patches, let us know.
Best would be via GAP bugtracker or on one of the GAP mailing lists.

Noted.

Philippe