Re: [ANN] HighlighterKit 0.1.2 and Gemas 0.3 - Gemas

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: [ANN] HighlighterKit 0.1.2 and Gemas 0.3 - Gemas
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:09:18 +0100

Sašo Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml@gmail.com> writes:

> On 02/19/2012 04:55 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Sašo Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> It seems like you have some serious issues with linking on your
>>> system.
>>
>> It is possible.
>>
>>> Are you using a custom gnustep, or the one shipped in Debian?
>>
>> It is a short story: first I has installed the one shipped in
>> Debian. Later I purge every debian gnsutep package. Then I use the
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/GNUstep%20libobjc2%20on%20Ubuntu.sh
>> script by Ivan Vučica and had installed gnustep from svn sources.
>> See this mail here:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnustep.general/37316
>>
>> Later I remove all (leastwise I think so) gnustep files previously
>> installed from sources and installed back debian gnustep packages
>> again. Well, that is my story. After that it seems that I have some
>> serious issues, like this one.
>>
>>> These undefined symbols signal that your gnustep installation is
>>> very broken.
>>
>> How can I clean up everything now to get a clean debian gnustep?
>>

> Can you do a find of any gnustep things in /usr/local and see if it
> finds anything?
>
> $ find /usr/local -iname '*gnustep*'

find /usr/local -iname '*gnustep*'

/usr/local/bin/gnustep-tests
/usr/local/bin/gnustep-config
/usr/local/share/man/man7/GNUstep.7.gz
/usr/local/include/GNUstep
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Frameworks/HighlighterKit.framework/\
Versions/0/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist
/usr/local/lib/libgnustep-base.so.1.21
/usr/local/lib/libgnustep-base.so.1.21.1

> You could also try and have a look inside /usr/lib to make sure you
> only have a single set of gnustep-(base|gui|whatever) libraries in
> there.

find /usr/lib -iname '*gnustep*'

I did find here too some files.

> Lastly, you can try uninstalling all gnustep related packages from
> your system and do a similar find to the one above in /usr and
> manually purge all remains of GNUstep from your system. After that,
> reinstall the packages and you should have a clean distro again.

I did so.
After that I can install the HighliterKit and Gemas too.
Gemas has a nice icon. :) Thanks!!

--
Regards from Pal