Bean through GnuStep - newbie on Linux question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Bean through GnuStep - newbie on Linux question
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:07:27 -0600

Hello all,

I will be transferring to a Linux system in the next weeks or months. (I have been using only Mac for 15 years. )

I presently use the excellent word processor for mac called Bean. The author of Bean said he believed a version for Gnustep was created.

Being a newbie to Linux and knowing nothing about Gnustep - I'm not sure how all of these things work. If I'm using a version of Linux based on Slackware - like Vector or Salix Linux - using the Xfce Desktop - can I somehow run Bean using your Gnustep version?

I'm very unsure of how to ask all this, so forgive me if I omitted anything important. I'll do my best to fill in answers that you might need.

Thanks in advance.