Future of GNUstep-corebase

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Future of GNUstep-corebase
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:14:41 -0600

The purpose of this e-mail is to ask anyone interested in GNUstep-corebase to help out wherever you can.

I just accepted a new position and I will not have as much time work on -corebase as I would like.  In order to support a 2012 Q1 release, I will need help.  Most of the CF-type that I want to include in this release are already implemented, despite not being fully tested.  This is good, because the bulk of the work involves testing and fixing bugs.

There are still, however, 6 types that are either not implemented or are missing significant functionality.  These are:
CFBinaryHeap
CFPropertyList
CFTimeZone
CFURL
CFXMLParser
CFXMLTree

CFTimeZone is a special case.  It is toll-free bridged, and despite my hesitance with simply wrapping an ObjC class it might be the way to go in order to have it for this release.

Thanks
Stef