Re: Installing GNUstep from source on Debian GNU/Linux SID

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep from source on Debian GNU/Linux SID
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:39:47 +0100

Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Yes I did source the GNUstep.sh script in more than one files:
> ~/.bashrc
> ~/.profile
> ~/.xinitrc
> ~/.xsessionrc
>
> The output of env shows me the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/csanyipal/GNUstep/Library/Libraries:\
> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries:\
> /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries

That looks fine. However, if you are doing this from a shell which explicitly
sources the GNUstep.sh script it doesn't tell you anything. Is there any chance
that your login is managed by gdm? It has a security "feature" to clean out
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting the window manager. Under Ubuntu I ended up
creating a ~/.gnomerc file with the following contents to work around this
feature:

STARTUP="env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH $STARTUP"

Wolfgang