Re: slowness while dragging icons in gworkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: slowness while dragging icons in gworkspace
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:16:26 +0100

Hi
Are you only seeing this bug with Xming? In that case, it could be a bug in
Xming.
Well, that way yes. As written, if I export to my FreeBSD workstation, no problem.

I did a last test, I exported to another computer running Cygwin, full-screen. It is (as Xming actually) an Xorg port. The bug shows there only partially. The white flickering shows while the icon is moved around the original "box" that is the origin of the drag operation and where the start position is still shown. Once moved out there, it works fine.
It is quite confusing.

Xming is an Xorg port and works quite well, it is fast and I do not experience flickering problems with other apps, like firefox or thunderbird.

Of course it could also be a nvidia vs. ati issue, a lunar phase problem...

Riccardo