Re: empty document at Graphos startup

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: empty document at Graphos startup
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:12:03 +0100

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> recently, when I use Graphos, I can't create usable new documents: the window
> creates, but there is no usable area inside.
>
> I did not change anything in Graphos and this used to work and works on the
> Mac.
>
> What could be changed in gnustep that causes this? Is anybody else
> reproducing this or is this my machine only?

Mixed results here. Using latest source from svn new documents appear correctly
under Ubuntu Linux 10.04 on PowerPC. However, for GNUstep on OS X on x86_64 the
contents of the document window appears to be empty. Could be a 64 vs. 32 bit
issue then. On the other hand, I have some problems even on PowerPC: The mouse
cursor disappears whenever it moves over the main menu, so probably there's
something more fundamentally wrong and I'd expect it to be in Graphos, since
this doesn't happen for other apps.

Wolfgang