Re: building llvm optimizations for libobjc2

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: building llvm optimizations for libobjc2
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:26:27 +0000

On 8 Dec 2011, at 12:09, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> Is there an easy way to get this to work with the cmake build system?

Possibly...

> as far as I understand the build_opts.sh right, I'm supposed to run a
> build_opts.sh gmake all and then later a build_opts.sh gmake install,

Correct.

> which would build the whole llvm/cmake and install the whole llvm/cmake

No, it will build and install just the optimisations, but it needs to build it
inside the LLVM tree currently.

> . Is there a way to just only build and install the optimizations?

Yes, build_opts.sh gmake, build_opts.sh gmake install does exactly that, but it
requires the LLVM build system to be working.

Take a look in llvm/lib/Transforms/Hello.  This is a simple LLVM plugin example
that provides both build systems.  You should be able to copy the CMake build
system files from that, modify them to match the GNU makefiles for the libobjc2
optimisations, and use it instead.  In theory, this may support out-of-tree
building, but I have no idea if that actually works...

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1