Re: Application Gui doesn't become visible

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Application Gui doesn't become visible
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:59:27 -0700

Hi,
The windows theme is probably turned on, which gets rid of floating NeXT-style
menus and displays them inside windows. You could either create an NSWindow in
applicationWillFinishLaunching and call orderFront: on it, or setting the theme
to the default NeXT style which will allow floating menus to show up (open the
mingw shell and type: defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSTheme "")

Eric