Re: Visubility features on GNUstep

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Visubility features on GNUstep
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:07:29 +0100

Hi,

you are trying to write a pure obj-c file, without gnustep, when you use objc.h.

Instead, when you use Foundation.h, you are accessing the Foundation, part of Openstep /Cocoa.

For the latter, the most convenient way is to write and use a gnustep makefile. Everything is set up for you already then. Please try with that, so you get hands on. Afterwards, if you feel the need to strip down, you may try yourself the hassle of setting up everything for yourself. But, honestly, it is not worth the trouble usually.

For a command line program (like hello world) use "Tool" as a reference.

Check here:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Writing_Makefiles

and the releated gnustep make reference.

Especially http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/ will be of use for you!

Riccardo