memory leaks (LaternaMagica)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: memory leaks (LaternaMagica)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:23:52 +0200

Hi,

I noticed a quite evident memory leak in LaternaMagica.

1) add a bunch of images to your list
2) export images to a folder. Use standard settings (TIFF, no resizing)

At the end, memory increase might increase significantly if you had very big images or many of them.

Making another export, just increases memory more, so it is not reused.

- I'm pretty sure it used to work fine. I allocate my own memory pool to drain it regularly, so that the peak consumption is not too high. However, even before the change, usage peaked, but everything got released
- On the mac there is no evident leakage

Any hints, helps... I have no clue yet "what" gets leaked, since it doesn't leak on the mac and the memory panel looks buggy... with negative values. Also it is a count only.. here we speak about big chunks of ram, perhaps of few objects.

Riccardo