Re: Please remove NFMake from GNA

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Please remove NFMake from GNA
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:32:41 +0100

On 10 Oct 2011, at 15:20, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> I have unlinked nfmake from dev-apps in the repo for the copy under
> devmodules.     It is still available in the repo under gnustep/tools.
>   I apologize if this interferes with anyones investigations, I felt
> it was the most reasonable thing to do under the circumstances until
> this is resolved.

Hi Greg ... I don't have anything other than public access (or any particular
knowhow to employ) so this certainly doesn't bother me ... I've already looked
at the logs, and it seems the most likely answer to all this is that Karl
intended to assign copyright to the FSF,  added copyright notices saying he had
done so, and imported the source code, and then forgot about it.  Presumably he
never got round to doing the actual copyright assignment paperwork (I haven't
checked that) and nobody thought to check and make sure he had.

Anyway, whatever happened, I agree that removing the files makes good sense.