Re: Failed gui test:NSView_autoresize_and_rounding WAS: gnustep compiled

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Failed gui test:NSView_autoresize_and_rounding WAS: gnustep compiled with clang and gworkspace problem
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:46:15 +0200

Hi,

On Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:18 CEST, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de>
wrote:

> First off and completely unrelated to the actual issue: GNUstep seems to
> use fake main on your system. Why is this the case? As far as I know
> this shouldn't be needed on any normal operating system. Could you
> please check the configuration output of base to find out what is going
> on here?

what is actually the purpose of this fake main? I just hear the first time
about it.

configure is called this way:

  $ ./configure --disable-procfs --disable-procfs-psinfo --enable-debug
--disable-strip --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/local/man
--infodir=/usr/local/info --disable-silent-rules

in configure output I see:
checking use of pass-through arguments... no
checking use of fake-main definition... yes
checking ffi.h usability... yes
checking ffi.h presence... yes

in config.log I see:
configure:21520: checking use of fake-main definition
configure:21563: result: yes

in configure:21520 I see:

{ $as_echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking use of fake-main definition" >&5
$as_echo_n "checking use of fake-main definition... " >&6; }
# Check whether --enable-fake-main was given.
if test "${enable_fake_main+set}" = set; then
  enableval=$enable_fake_main;
else
  enable_fake_main=no
fi

if test "$enable_pass_arguments" = "no"; then
  case "$target_os" in
    freebsd2*)  enable_fake_main=yes;;
    freebsd*)   ;;
    netbsd*)    enable_fake_main=yes;;
    openbsd*)   enable_fake_main=yes;;
    *sysv*)     enable_fake_main=yes;;
  esac
fi

so it's set unconditionally.

I can remove the line, and retry rebuilding everything and test whether it will
work without the fake main.

Sebastian

> On to the matter at hand. The important information that your gdb output
> provides is the line number of the failing check. It is line 81 and that
> means we already did a few resize steps and we could just have
> accumulated some rounding errors.
> The numbers reported from your stack trace for the passed in frame are
> completely wrong. As the numbers reported by the printf() statement are
> correct: I think gdb is missing up things here. We clean up our code a
> bit, by using an explicit conversion to double in the printf, but that
> is irrelevant to the gdb issue. (By the way, what size is CGFloat on
> your system?)
> One information that could help understand what is going on here is to
> report _autoresizingFrameError for view1 before and after the resize in
> line 80. There we gather the rounding error (See
> [NSView-resizeWithOldSuperviewSize]).

I'll see what I can find out here...

Sebastian