Re: Why is +initialize not inherited?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Why is +initialize not inherited?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 19:43:53 +0100

I'm not sure how that would help you.  Your subclasses would only receive a
+initialize message once you'd sent them some other message, which requires
some other bit of code to be able to locate them, which means the other code
can trivially register them...

That said, I agree that we should aim to be compatible with Apple, although in
this case I think the GNU behaviour is more logical.  I've made that change in
the GNUstep Objective-C runtime, and it will be part of the 1.6 release unless
someone objects strongly...

David