Re: Interesting error in GWorkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Interesting error in GWorkspace
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:24:35 +0200

Hi Eric,

On 09/09/11 21:53, Eric Wasylishen wrote:
Hi Riccardo,
I think I found the problem. Sorry about this, it was a sloppy mistake on my
part.

When I modified _doImageCache:, I was assuming the rep parameter would be
non-nil, so I sent [rep size] to it and used that when setting up the cache.
But in fact, the rep parameter is nil when you lock focus on an image with no
representations (which the Dock.m code was doing.) I guess we should add a test
case for that in the gui test suite, since it would have caught this mistake.
It works fine for me again! Very good. I wonder why it happened only on certain computers I had... actually only on my laptop. My workstation runs a different OS, but still, the same backend and about the same setup, with desktop and backdrop.

Good work. With GWorkspace running again I can test the service stuff much better now.

Riccardo