Re: Project Center will not Launch in Ubuntu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Project Center will not Launch in Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:43:30 +0200

Hi,

litedrive wrote:
Why this isn't working I don't know: make compiled the installation fine, and
once make install was invoked, everything installed bug free. Regardless,
the IDE refuses to load, and I believe this is because it is a .app file. Is
this true?
many things could be wrong. How did you install gnustep? With the GNUstep packages of ubuntu/debian or from source, yourself? In the former, I suppose a PC should be packaged too, in the latter, cna you tell us if other applications do work instead?

.app "files" are in fact applications bundles, directories, they should work fine.

after make install, you might want to run "make_services" explicitly and try
- "openpp ProjectCenter" (should just work)
- "gopen -a ProjectCenter" (should too)
- "ProjectCenter" (should work too, but depends on your layout.

if you installed gnustep from packages but PC form source, you might run into the same issue I have on Debian: you have a newer compiler than GS is compiled with. I have no solution for this right now, I am hoping/waiting for weeks that Debian updates things. In this case, print out the result of "ldd" of the executable inside of the ".app" bundle, ProjectCenter.app/ProjectCenter

Riccardo