Character panel

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Character panel
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 13:33:06 -0600

Hey,
I wrote this character panel a while ago, and just got it tidied up and
committed yesterday. It opens via a button in the font panel. I'd be glad to
hear feedback. :-) (libicu is required).

It lists all assigned Unicode characters (currently around 100000) in an
NSTableView and filters them by name as you type in the search box. I think
it's a pretty comfortable way to get to a character if you know part of the
name.

Possible improvements could be making an icon view mode the shows characters in
a grid, and adding a list of unicode blocks arranged in a hierarchy to make
browsing to a certain block easier.

-Eric

PNG image