Re: Please test pending bugfix release of base

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Please test pending bugfix release of base
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:08:33 +0200

Hi again,

On Saturday, June 18, 2011 09:41 CEST, Richard Frith-Macdonald <rfm@gnu.org>
wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2011, at 11:39, Quentin Mathé wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard,
> >> This release is mostly for portability issues, but there are fixes to
> >> atomic operations used for retain/release safety, which would be important
> >> to threaded software, so we really should make a release for tis alone.
> >> The idea is not to add any new features, just to make things even more
> >> reliable and portable.
> >> If there is anyone who really can't use subversion but would like to try
> >> this, please let me know and I'll send you a .tar.gz archive of the source
> >> (approx 3MB email).

another patch attached. In the GNUmakefile for the SSL bundle, I found a
-lobjc, so that it is always linked against a libobjc.so.
The problem I now have with this is the following:
I installed libobjc1 for sparc as /usr/local/lib/libgobjc1.so.0.0 and told
gnustep-make to use this libobjc when linking using the following parameter:
--with-objc-lib-flag=-lgobjc1
In the end result, all but the SSL bundle was linked against libgobjc1, and the
SSL bundle was linked againt libobjc.

Attached patch just removes -lobjc. Without it, it just links against libgobjc1:

$ ldd
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/4.0/Resources/SSL.bundle/SSL
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/4.0/Resources/SSL.bundle/SSL:
        Start    End      Type Open Ref GrpRef Name
        000a9000 200ad000 dlib 1    0   0
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Libraries/gnustep-base/Versions/4.0/Resources/SSL.bundle/SSL
        003f7000 20403000 rlib 0    1   0      /usr/lib/libssl.so.16.0

        000ad000 200ea000 rlib 0    1   0      /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.19.0
        013f8000 2156e000 rlib 0    1   0
/usr/local/lib/libgnustep-base.so.4.0
        016bb000 216c1000 rlib 0    2   0      /usr/local/lib/libgobjc1.so.0.0

Sebastian