Re: fix for startup of AClock

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: fix for startup of AClock
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:01:44 -0500

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
On 05/12/11 20:14, Stefan Bidi wrote:
> So this works for you?  That's great.
>
> Just one thing, not that it really matters, but you don't need to call
> -stop from -sound:didFinishPlaying:.  At this point the the code in
> NSSound would have already stopped and cleaned up.  As a matter of
> fact, you should get NO from the call to -stop.
Ah, yeah, I remove them, if someone else has suggestions for
improvements, let me know ;)

If you want have an "infinite loop" option, you can just call [NSSound -setLoop: YES] and call that again with NO whenever the user hits a trigger.

What I noticed while looking how to get it working, I found here:
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSSound_Class/Reference/Reference.html

That I should use:
- (void)setDelegate:(id < NSSoundDelegate
<http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MusicAudio/Reference/NSSoundDelegate_Protocol/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/intf/NSSoundDelegate>
>)/delegate
to set the delegate, but then when compiling, I got the error message
that it was unable to find the Protocol definition of NSSoundDelegate.
In GNUstep it seems, NSSoundDelegate is "only" a Category, not a Protocol.

Would you mind submitting a patch?  I really doubt I'll have time to look at this stuff within a reasonable time frame.