Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.42

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.42
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 09:00:30 +0200

Hi,
On Wednesday, May 4, 2011 22:21 CEST, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Le samedi 30 avril 2011 à 19:36 +0200, Niels Grewe a écrit :
>
> [snip]
>
> > This only confirms that both dbus and knotify are running, which is
> > neither a necessary nor a sufficent condition for a working D-Bus
> > notification system. You could try running the following command:
> >
> > dbus-send  --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications \
> >   /org/freedesktop/Notifications \
> >   org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect
> >
> > It should print some XML gibberish that includes a '<method name="Notify">'
> > node. If it does, and things are still not working, there is something
> > wrong either with DBusKit or with SimpleAgenda.
>
> Is there something new on this problem or should I try to reproduce the
> problem by installing kde ?
I was a bit busy with other things, sorry.
I tried on OpenSUSE 11.3 kde 4.4.4, there I get the following message printed
on startup:

2011-05-05 08:54:31.869 SimpleAgenda[20362] Alarm backend <DBus desktop
notification> registered
And I can choose the DBUS alarm backend in the preferences.

I'll retry later on OpenBSD again with KDE 3.5.10 again, and also above command.

Sebastian