Re: what is the best Windows distribution?

From: Zhang Weiwu, Beijing
Subject: Re: what is the best Windows distribution?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:43:24 +0800

On 04/19/2011 09:41 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Of course, currently GNUstep is not targeted to those environments so
> you need some of homework. But this does not mean that one can build a
> professional package with it and ship a commercial product both with
> cygwin and mingw. it is possible and it was done in the past.

Is packaging this works out-of-the-box? I read what you recommended:
http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Windows.html

there it says a method of how to generate an installer package, but from
the context and the example (calculator) I had the impression the
installer package is to install the application only -- the user has to
install GNUstep MSYS System plus GNUstep Core before able to use such an
application installer, right?

Is there a way to deploy a single GNUStep application to Windows
audience that works with one package, works almost out-of-the-box?

Best & thanks.

--
我的博客:
http://zhangweiwu.ixiezi.com/