RE: libmysql and mingw

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: libmysql and mingw
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 22:00:24 +0200 (CEST)

> I have been trying with no success to use libmysql in Windows.

I had a quick look at the logs, and couldn't see anything that seemed
related to GNUstep.

Can you use libmysql without gnustep-make ?

You may want to try creating a simple .c file that uses your libmysql
and compile/link it with GCC directly.  If that doesn't work, you know
there is some basic problem with the libmysql you're using.  Maybe you
need it packaged differently for MinGW - or you'd need to ask the people
who packaged it for help or instructions.

If that works and it only doesn't work when you compile/link it using
gnustep-make, then there obviously is a problem with gnustep-make; you
may want to compare the gcc command line that works with the one used
by gnustep-make (which you can see by using 'make messages=yes') and see
if you can spot what is the troublesome compiler/linker flag.  Of
course if this is the case, please come back with more logs/information
and I'll see if I can help.

I hope this provides some suggestions on how you can move forward.

Thanks