Re: display problems with some apps

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: display problems with some apps
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:38:51 +0200

On 04/08/11 14:25, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> wow, that looks mighty ugly. I guess with art or xlib it is fine?
I installed a clean machine from scratch, so openbsd -current from
yesterday, and updated make/base/gui from svn. Compiling with
llvm/libobjc2 this time again, and also tested arts and xlib backends,
but also there I have this displaying problem observed.
I also have this problem here with GWorkspace, The file viewer only
shows the first two columns correctly. And also the application dock on
the right side of the screen doesn't appear. When I click the
logout/quit buttons in the GWorkspace menu, then the buttons in the
popup are not shown.

However, this random crash on startup in pl2link, FTP, ... is gone here.

On my main desktop I yesterday recompiled everything with gcc, and also
libobjc2, and here I was not able to reproduce the problem.
Therefore I'll now recompile everything with gcc on the clean box again,
to see whether this is really the only difference.

Sebastian