Re: Plans for more frameworks?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Plans for more frameworks?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:58:29 +0100

On 7 Apr 2011, at 16:49, Omar Campos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I know that GnuStep currently supports AppKit and Foundation frameworks.
> Are there any plans to support any other of the Cocoa frameworks, like, say,
> Core Data? Just curious.

There is a partial implementation of CoreData in svn (libs/gscoredata).  There
is also some support for CoreFoundation.  GAP has an implementation of
AddressBook.framework.  We have some parts of the Quartz framework in the form
of Opal (CoreGraphics and CoreText - the former more complete than the latter).
There are also plans to implement UIKit on top of Opal.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom