sparc: ld: --relax and -r may not be used together

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: sparc: ld: --relax and -r may not be used together
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:34:12 +0200

Hi,

I get an error when building on NetBSD on sparc, namely:

ld: --relax and -r may not be used together

By looking around, I found this post:

we have exactly the same problem. Since it is SPARC specific it explains why it doesn't fail elsewhere. I don't know why it does work on OpenBSD/sparc, but perhaps the gcc defaults are different.

The only fix I came up with is to to modify target.make to add -mno-relax at every -Wl,r occourence. On platforms different from SPARC it should have no effect.

I propose the applied patch, i have not yet commited it. What do you think?

Riccardo