Re: Best Linux distro for GNUstep?

From: Dario Niedermann
Subject: Re: Best Linux distro for GNUstep?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:10:35 +0100

David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:

> If you want decent packages, skip Linux and use FreeBSD

I'd really love to, if only FreeBSD supported my graphics card and ACPI
suspend/resume.

However, if Slackware is GNUstep-friendly and other distros don't offer
significant advantages with regard to GNUstep, I think I'll stick with
Slackware, which I rather like.

Thanks to all respondents!

--
> head -n1 /etc/*-{version,release} && uname -moprs
Slackware 12.2.0
Linux 2.6.27.31-smp i686 AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology MK-36 GNU/Linux