RE: (no subject)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:17:05 +0100 (CET)

> Hi Everybody,
>   I am new to GNUstep makefile build system . I am creating a shared
> library named libCoCostep.
>         Folder cocostep contains majority of the files, however for
> understandability some files are put in sub folder called Support.
> Whenever building shared lib I want build all files with it. Currently I
> am using two separate shared libs one for cocostep folder another for
> Support folder (libCoCostepSupport). How can I avoid using separate libs
> without restructuring files.

As other (in particular, David and Richard) already explained, if you are using
a version of gnustep-make < 2.4.0, you need to use "subprojects".

If your gnustep-make is >= 2.4.0, you can do without "subprojects" and simply
specify the files with the subdirectory in the name, which would speed up
parallel builds.  The version of gnustep-make is printed when you type 'make';
if you want to distribute your project, I recommend using "subprojects" for now
even if you yourself have gnustep-make >= 2.4.0, so that people who download
the source code can compile it with older versions of gnustep-make. ;-)

Check this link for an explanation of the two options, including examples --

  http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/ParallelBuildingMakefiles/node15.html

(this is from the tutorial on parallel building, which you may or may not
be interested in.  But that section discusses exactly the subdirectory case
that you are interested in, and the two options, so it should help). ;-)

Thanks