Re: Associating bundle directories with app

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Associating bundle directories with app
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:08:08 +0100

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 18:20, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> wrote:

The -findApplications method is already called from the -init method of NSWorkspace.

If this is not working then ...
perhaps Zcode has not been installed in one of the directories searched or

Correct -- while I work on it, Zcode is in ~/Development/Zcode :-)

OS X does not depend on having apps in such locations, why should GNUstep? NSWorkspace or NSApplication should register the app's existence, or that should be done by GWorkspace upon noticing the existence of a previously unknown .app bundle. Why depend on having apps in "normal" locations? While reasonable, and while GNUstep does not have to clone OS X behavior in every way, such a limitation is not necessary, and I was not aware of it.

--
Regards,

Ivan Vučica