Zcode license switch, more progress

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Zcode license switch, more progress
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:24:02 +0100

Hi!

As you can see, I can work on Zcode only very intermittently, but I'm making a
bit of progress. I'm currently focusing on some UI basics, and soon I'll work
on getting a basic build system to work.

I've added Xcode and Cocoa compatibility for development, just to work a bit
faster; I'll keep the Project Center project and GNUstep compatibility where I
can, but OS X is what I use on a day-to-day basis, so working on OS X will
hopefully stimulate me to open Zcode more often and work on it faster.
Currently, Gorm files are not updated to what I did under Interface Builder, so
I'm sure Zcode won't work, but it's easily rectified as soon as I boot Debian.

You can take a look at the latest screenshots here:
http://ivan.vucica.net/zcode/
(they are, of necessity, aquafied)

Additionally, the license has been switched to LGPLv2 as suggested by some
people, since there will now indeed be some portions that might be useful
outside of Zcode; one such thing might be the various editors that will be
added. I'll probably create some sort of plugin interface with the individual
editors split into plugin bundles.

Finally, a question:
In future, should I send these announcements to a different list? Should I
create a separate mailing list just for Zcode? I think there isn't enough
interest at the moment, and the project is in too early stages, but if you guys
think it makes sense, I could do it.
--
Have fun,
Ivan Vučica