Re: Compiling my first GNUStep app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Compiling my first GNUStep app
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:47:20 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I upgraded my ProjectCenter to 0.6.0, and still had the problem, so what I did was that I went to preferences and set the make path to C:\GNUStep\bin\make.exe. Now it seems to work, but I am getting this message
Yes, the way you did is the safest. I added the Set buttons for this reason.

"Nothing to be done for "all"

I assume this means that what needed to be compiled, is compiled. However, I don't see an executable in the project folder. Now, my program doesn't have a main() function yet, just some class definitions, but if indeed it is compiled, then shouldn't at least see some .o or .a files in the folder? Anyway, I'll add the main() function and see what happens. Still, is there something else that I need to do?
Put in something to compile indeed! You can also "clean" before building, just to be sure.

TO be sure that it is not a ProjectCenter problem, you can use the shell, go to the project folder where the GNUmakefile is and type "make". That way is it easier to udnerstand what it is going on.

PC just creates the makefiles for you and then runs make. The amkefiles are there, it is perfectly fine and convenient to use them.

Riccardo