Re: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 18:58:47 +0100

Hi Ivan,

Am 08.01.2011 um 18:29 schrieb Ivan Vučica:

Finally, I'd like to point out that I don't have the time to focus on any such project, nor did I check out what Dr. Schaller's SWI looks like. I've just put forth my opinions on how an "app repo" could be done, and why I don't think just putting things on a wiki is the perfect solution. My opinion is that any kind of a solution is better than none, so anyone embarking on this journey with any sort of a plan in mind has my best wishes for success :-)

it is just one click away to see it in operation:

It is following the guidelines, motivations and technical aspects you have described :)

Adding new entries (or requesting canges) is easy by using predefined fields. E.g. try:

Nikolaus

PS: the only thing that I am not happy is that it is written in PHP and not using GSWeb
(http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstepWeb). But I have zero experience in that.
And a major hurdle is to install it on the gnustep.org server wehich is not maintained by us.