Re: GNUstep and Windows

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:23:18 +0000

On 18 May 2010, at 15:00, tobeythorn wrote:

> clang hello.m -o hello -I c:/gnustep/gnustep/system/library/headers -L
> c:/gnustep/gnustep/system/library/libraries/ -I c:/gnustep/mingw/
> include -ObjC

There are several missing flags here.  Most importantly is -fgnu-runtime -
otherwise the compiler will try to generate code for the NeXT runtime.  The
best way of getting the correct flags is to use either gnustep-config or to use
GNUstep Make rather than invoking the compiler directly.

Please see any of the many introduction to GNUstep tutorials for examples of
how to use GNUstep Make.  gnustep-config comes with its own built-in help.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620