Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:31:51 +0700

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think the first screenshot should point to a development
> application. It should point to user stuff.

At least please give a counter-thesis.

I think you should put those user stuffs in GAP's web page or whatever as
I don't see any good reason to promote some oh-please-put-my-apps-too-s
or the agenda to sell GNUstep as a whole desktop environment there.
Well that was just my impression anyway. Beside that, no app is cooler
than Gorm.
Let alone our other current apps as they won't get us to the mass (or tell me
one app that make a user want to install GNUstep for it)

> Gorm and other development application shall be shown in the developer tools
> section, which always existed, but which wasn't accessible well. It is now
> more prominently shown and has the dignity of being shown in the navigation
> bar. ALl screenshots are being revamped.
>
> Themes screenshots are added and a special theming page for developers is
> there too now.
>
> I was in the process of updating the website and revamping it when the
> savannah got hacked and we were sent back to the stoneage. I am restoring
> the site from my local storage but it is a tedious process and it is taking
> a little longer.

Can wait. I didn't really expect any change though, just that it
doesn't make any sense
to me so I want to point that out in case that someone may agree and
do something about it.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  /.../\...\   Free Software Yogi