Re: Compiling app on MS Windows failed

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Compiling app on MS Windows failed
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:11:13 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:21:00 +0100
> Von: Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>
> An: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
> Betreff: Compiling app on MS Windows failed
> But the command 'make' doesn't work on Windows system.
>
> When in MSYS Shell, in the application directory when run 'make' I get
> messages:
>
> This is gnustep-make 2.4.0. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
> Making all for app LPT_Interface...
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `internal-app-compile'.
>  Copying resources into the app wrapper...
>  Copying localized resources into the app wrapper...
> Making all for ctool DPResetBit0...
>  Linking ctool DPResetBit0 ...
> ./obj/DPResetBit0.obj/DPResetBit0.c.o: In function `main':
> C:\GNUstep\home\Pal\lpt-interface/DPResetBit0.c:58: undefined reference
> to `ioperm'
> C:\GNUstep\home\Pal\lpt-interface/DPResetBit0.c:62: undefined reference
> to `inb'
> C:\GNUstep\home\Pal\lpt-interface/DPResetBit0.c:68: undefined reference
> to `outb'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [obj/DPResetBit0.exe] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [internal-ctool-all_] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [DPResetBit0.all.ctool.variables] Error 2
> make: *** [internal-all] Error 2
>
> What is the solution for this problem?
> Any advices will be appreciated!

Make is working pretty well here, it is the compilation itself that is failing
and this due to the reasons it is listing in the error messages. The three
Linux calls you are using to access the ports aren't available on Windows.
There may be some replacement library you may use for that, but most likely you
will have to rewrite your program to access the printer ports on Windows.
Direct hardware access is almost never portable from one operating system to
the next and for that reason should be avoided wen possible.

Fred
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome