Re: Open gorm from PC?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Open gorm from PC?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:38:50 +0100

Hi,

Stefan Elwesthål wrote:
So, Installed the old ProjectCenter, 0.5.0 I think it is, from 2008.This one works, if I doubleclick the .gorm interface in PC it shows me an error message ('Application seem to have hung') but if I choose 'wait' it opens.
That happens the first time you launch everything, It will launch both GWorkspace and Gorm, so it can take a bit. The next time you open the interface file it should open quickly.

Sadly PC 0.5.0 is a bit out of date, but for simple projects it may still be fine.
The newer version is improved to work with the new  make system.
It also opens GWorkspace though!? I like GWorkspace but it annoys me to have both WM icons, panels and menus along with GWortkspace, kind of cluttered ;)
If you have GWorkspace installed, it is expected to self-launch.
There is some duplication between WindowMaker and GWorkspace, however you have configuration options in both places. You can disable GWorkspace's dock for example as well as hide its tabbed shelf (alt-s to get it quickly back and forth), this should make it equivalent to any other apps running in the background.

Riccardo