Re: Issue starting Gorm, ProjectCenter, GWorkspace..etc on netbsd 5.0.2

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Issue starting Gorm, ProjectCenter, GWorkspace..etc on netbsd 5.0.2
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:14:40 +0100 (CET)

It may be a red herring. ;-)

I agree with Fred that the most important thing is getting more information ...
in particular
related to the original error message ...

 * which version of freetype are you using ?

 * does you freetype library actually include FTC_Manager_New or not ?

 * do you have multiple versions of the freetype library installed by any
chance ?

 * try using 'ldd' on your executable and on the various shared libraries to
see what
libraries are being used

 * since you have both X11R6 and X11R7, what files do you have in the two
directories ?

 * are your X binaries (or X programs that work) linked to libraries in X11R6
or X11R7 or both ?

 * are the GNUstep binaries the same ?  Any difference you can spot with other
X binaries ?

 * any other information that may be useful ... worth posting it (don't worry
about attaching
too much information)

Without more information, none of us can really help much.  We can just guess,
but without solid
information, our guesses won't necessarily have much relationship to reality.
;-)

Thanks