Re: simple make file

From: stolennomenclature
Subject: Re: simple make file
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:28:04 -0700 (PDT)

Richard Frith-Macdonald-2 wrote:

> For simple database access I'd recommend using the SQLClient package (of
> course I would since I wrote it) for ease of integration with ObjC ... but
> using sqlite directly is also quite easy.
> Since any C source code is also ObjC source code (as C is a subset of
> ObjC) , you can simply add C files to the list of OBJC source code command
>
> include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
> TOOL_NAME = rabbit
> rabbit_OBJC_FILES = source.m sqlite3.c
> include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

Adding "sqlite3.c" to the "_OBJC_FILES" directive was the first thing I
tried. The subsequent make returns "make [3]: *** No rule to make target
'obj/rabbit.obj/sqlite3.c', needed by 'obj/rabbit.exe'. Stop.".

Using your SQLClient package sounds like the best option in the long term,
but I am afraid it might be opening another can of worms. e.g. Where do i
get it, how is it installed, etc. Bearing in mind how ignorant I am of C,
Obj-C, makefiles, etc. Perhaps I should stick with the static link for now.
If you want to give me directions on how to get the package and install it -
fine - and if I feel up to it I will give it a go. It would be nice to use
proper object based code to access sqlite3.