RE: simple make file

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: simple make file
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:02:28 +0200 (CEST)

> Now I want to expand it to incorporate the sqlite3 database, which is in the
> form of a single source file called "sqlite3.c" and its accompanying header
> file "sqlite3.h". Somehow the sqlite3 c file needs to be compiled to a
> linkable static object file and then linked in with the "source.m" file,
> which I will modify to include all my new code.

Sure ... you should try

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

TOOL_NAME = source.m
rabbitMP_OBJC_FILES = source.m
rabbitMP_C_FILES = sqlite3.c

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

Let me know if that helps. :-)

Thanks

PS: For more information on the GNUmakefiles, as Truls suggested, check

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/index.html

there's two or three tutorials on makefiles which should be quite readable.