Re: LPT_Interface.app - implementing button action

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: LPT_Interface.app - implementing button action
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:57:40 -0600

On dom, 2010-09-12 at 01:23 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@meta-innovation.com> writes:
> My second question is: why doesn't show up the application icon with the
> specified LPT_Interface_48.tiff image but with the GNUstep.tiff image?
> I'm using Window Maker as window manager.

You need a file like LPT_interface.plist where you set the icon of your
app. See for example the plist file to Ink or any other app.

> My third question is: the code in main.m file:
>  ioperm(base,1,1);
>  outb((unsigned char)1, base);
>
> must be run with root permissions. How can I achieve this goal in my
> application?

I'm not sure, but maybe you need run this code in a separate script with
root permission.

Other thing, is a good idea have the app in English. If not, when a user
with ither language than Hungarian or Serbian, the gnustep will try run
the app on english, but.... the app isn't in english. At this moment the
app can't run in my machine.