Re: gnustep make on MacOSX

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: gnustep make on MacOSX
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:20:59 +0200

Hi all,

You need to check the Apple documentation - IIRC, in Mac OS X 10.5 Apple completely changed the way you specify the files that an application can open (see UTExportedTypeDeclarations etc).

Thanks for your response. I took The Info.plist of TextEdit as an example and it has no UTExportedTypeDeclarations entry!?

Do you say that gnustep make currently can't generate Info.plist files that do work on MacOSX 10.5 and higher?

I have copied /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/Info.plist to / Applications/InterfaceBuilder.app/Contents/Info.plist and made appropriate changes for my app. I still can't open smib files via a double click and the file contains and contained no UTExportedTypeDeclarations section.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd ">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
        <string>English</string>
        <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
        <string>InterfaceBuilder</string>
        <key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeExtensions</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>smib</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeIconFile</key>
                        <string>InterfaceBuilder.icns</string>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
                        <string>NSSmibPboardType</string>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
                        <string>Editor</string>
                        <key>LSIsAppleDefaultForType</key>
                        <true/>
                </dict>
        </array>
        <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
        <string>InterfaceBuilder</string>
        <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
        <string>InterfaceBuilder.icns</string>
        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
        <string>de.smarsoft.InterfaceBuilder</string>
        <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
        <key>CFBundleName</key>
        <string>InterfaceBuilder</string>
        <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
        <string>APPL</string>
        <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
        <string>1.5</string>
        <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
        <string>ttxt</string>
        <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
        <string>244</string>
        <key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
        <string>10.5</string>
        <key>NSAppleScriptEnabled</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
        <string>Copyright © 1995-2007, Apple Inc.
All rights reserved.</string>
        <key>NSPrincipalClass</key>
        <string>NSApplication</string>
</dict>