Re: Weird focus problem with GNUstep applications in WindowMaker

From: Eric Brunel
Subject: Re: Weird focus problem with GNUstep applications in WindowMaker
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:31:32 +0200

Thanks for the info. It is more or less what I suspected. I chose Debian because they seem to be the only ones who have GNUstep packages in their standard distribution, but it seems they don't upgrade them very often. I checked the testing and unstable releases for the versions to come; There are a few improvements indeed, but they're still not at the latest versions. And besides, I'd prefer using a stable distribution.

What are my options here? It seems the file organisation for GNUstep in Debian is quite different from the standard one, so getting the latest sources and compiling them myself is quite likely to mess things up completely. Is there an unofficial repository somewhere that would allow to upgrade to more recent versions without breaking everything?

Thanks!
 - Eric -