Re: gdomap and registered names

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: gdomap and registered names
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:36:10 +0200

Le 26 juin 2010 à 17:38, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :

On 26 Jun 2010, at 13:31, Quentin Mathé wrote:

I'd be interested to know how to register a name with gdomap, list all the registered names etc.

gdomap -H gives you the options but ...

When I try gdomap -R Test, gdomap -N or gdomap -L GDNCServer (while having gdnc running) I get: "failled to contact gdomap on myhostname(127.0.1.1) - Operation now in progress"

Trying to run the same command with sudo -E gives the same result.

DO works fine though. What am I doing wrong?

Probably trying to use gdomap inappropriately when you don't want/ need it.

I don't really want to use this feature, I was just curious. I suppose registering names with -R might be useful when you want to keep some names reserved.

Looks like I was omitting the port number. However it still doesn't work if I use (I checked that 538 is the port declared in /etc/ services):
sudo gdomap -P 538 -R Test

I get "failled to contact gdomap on myhostname(127.0.1.1) - Connection refused". If I swap the argument order (sudo gdomap -R Test -P 538), I get a different error:
"attempted registration with bad port"

Quentin.